Samsung Engineering jointly with United Nations Environment Programme would like to launch “The 14th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition” inviting youth all over the world to raise awareness on the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day – Ecosystem Restoration.
As many of you know, World Environment Day is the United Nations flagship day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. Since it began in 1974, the event has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries
This year’s observance of World Environment Day will be on the theme of ‘ecosystem restoration’ and focus on resetting our relation with nature. It will also mark the formal launch of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
To commemorate WED and its annual theme, Eco-generation would like to celebrate the bigger and better WED than ever and to call on Tunza Eco-generation members around the world to show their will to act on Ecosystem Restoration for our future generations by writing an essay.
It also aims to collect the ways to prevent, halt, and reverse the degradation of ecosystems by requiring us to think about the various reasons why bringing back a healthy ecosystem is imperative for us and our future generations.
In order to be eligible to apply for the competition, applicants must read below:
- Eligibility: Youth aged between 14 to 24
- Theme: Inspiring and creative stories on ecosystem restoration
Sharing stories, commitments and reflections on how you and other young people are taking action in protecting the environment and restoring ecosystems
– Submission deadline: 16th August, 2021 (GMT 0)
– Result announcement: October, 2021 (TBD)
Duration and Reward
UN Environment Programme Prize
e-Certificate & Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Engineering Prize
e-Certificates & Samsung Galaxy Tab A
e-Certificates & Eco-generation Souvenirs & Books
– No awarding ceremony will be held.
– In order to reduce carbon footprint, certificates will be issued in electronic format.
– Electronic goods can only be delivered to the regions where DHL covers.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- No entry fee is required.
- All entries must be original works, in English.
- Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online.
- Entries should not have been previously published in other professional media.
- Each entrant may submit only one essay.
- All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
- Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
– MS Word
– Word Perfect
- Entries must be from 800 to 1000 words in length. This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography.
- The decisions of the judges are final and are entirely their own and in no part represents the opinion of Samsung Engineering.
- Samsung Engineering and UN Environment Programme reserve First Serial Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain in the property of the author.
- At the discretion of the judges, all well-written essays may be published on the relevant Websites.
- The personal information in the entry must be correct. If the competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.) the prize will be canceled and be automatically given to the next runner-up.
Method of Application
To submit your essay, you have sign up tunza.eco-generation.org. Please sign in and click the Application form tab.
You can write your motivation to join the competition (less than 50 words) in the ‘Content’ box and attach your essay file in the attachments column.