The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa B.I.S (Business. Idea. Startup) Grant awards $25,000 to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups and growing businesses.
UNECA Grant for Businesses, ideas & startups.
Whether it’s just an idea or an established business, our programme is structured to assist you access funds.
- Target Audience
Citizens from 54 member countries of the African Union.
Grand Prize: 5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
Participants must be between the ages of 16 – 65 years and should have a valid national means of identification.
B.I.S Grant aims to empower Africans to thrive in a daunting economy by equipping them with financing, training and mentorship.
The process to acquire our grant is categorised into three stages:
- Application Stage: Firstly, applicants shall apply via the online form below. Within 4 – 5 working days, an applicant should receive a positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview Stage: Applicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48 – 72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
- Verification Stage: Finalists shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
In order to be eligible to apply for the grant, applicants must pay attention to the following details:
Benefit and Reward
5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
What We’re Looking Out For
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
- Financials: How our grant funds would really contribute to the growth of your idea, startup or business
- Integrity: Your application should be filled with acurate information as we often verify applicant claim.
- Team: Explain why you or your team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup or business
- Broader Impact: During the interview, share how our grant funds would impact your society at large.
Method of Application