Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea.
To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Korean government invites 60 international students from 72 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree (Natural Science and Engineering department) also 35 international students from 17 countries who wish to pursue an associate degree in Korea.
To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated regional universities.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Applicants an their Parents having any nationality other than Korean are eligible to apply for Korean Scholarship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are Not eligible to apply.
- Must be under 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1997)
- Applicant must have High School Certificate before 28th February 2022, or expected to be graduate before 28th February 2022.
- All applicants must be mentally and physically fit, to study in Korea for the full time degree or research programs.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2022 in South Korea for International Students is a Full Free Scholarship to study abroad. It will provide all the expenses. Detail is given below:
- Complete Tuition Fee will be given.
- Living Allowance
- Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Research Support
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
- Completion Grant
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
While applying for Korean Scholarship, applicants have to submit following documents:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- Letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicants Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Certificate of High School Graduation
- High School Transcripts
- Proof of Citizenship
- Parents Proof of Citizenship
Embassy Track: Candidate have to submit ONE set of original documents and THREE sets of photocopied documents for this application.
University Track : Applicants have to submit ONE set of original documents.
Method of Application
There are two processes to apply for Global Korea Undergraduate Scholarships 2021. Embassy Track or University Track. You have to follow only one procedure. You cannot apply in both tracks. Detailed procedure is given below:
Apply using Embassy:
Any Field of Studies or Major Except Pharmacy, Dentistry, Medicine, Architecture. The embassy will provide you detailed instructions on the application.
Contact with Korean Embassy in Your Country and get detail about the scholarship openings. Because using this track embassies have to send selected applicants list to NIIED.
Apply directly to University:
Only Engineering and Natural Science Majors Except for architecture, dentistry, medicine, the pharmacy can apply using University Track.
You have to choose one university from the provided universities list given above and apply to that university. University will nominate your name and will send your application to NIIED and they will make the final selection.