Google Conference Scholarships – At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. We also believe that everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology.
To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
Scholarship eligibility varies by region, so please review the information on the region-specific tabs on the top.
- Host: Google
- Category: Travel & Conference Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: Not Specified
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Scholarships will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review. Every applicant will be notified of their status according to the time frames specified for the region.
While all qualified industry professionals and students are able to apply, we’ve designed our North American program to expose career opportunities to those who identify as historically excluded in tech. This includes those who identify as Women, Black/African American/Caribbean/WestIndies, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native American/First Nations.
In order to apply for the North America Google Conference Scholarship, you must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Be able to attend the core day(s) of one of the conferences
- Are (1) a resident of North America and US Territories, (2) studying or working in North America, or (3) will be in North America at the time of the conference
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applications must be completed by 5:00 p.m. ET the day of the deadline
- The 2021 National Diversity in STEM (NDiSTEM) Digital Conference [SACNAS]; closes September 27, 2021
- Afrotech World; closes October 11, 2021
- Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS); closes November 08, 2021
- Please check back for conference additions.
Google Ads and Search are proud sponsors of the scholarship program! We look forward to meeting you at conferences across North America this year.
Recipients will be notified by email no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of the conference with registration details.
For any questions about North America scholarships, please reach out to [email protected]
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Have a paper accepted at a top-tier computer science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
Please submit this form by the deadline for the conference that you wish to attend. **Given the shift to virtual mode for conferences, we are currently accepting applications to cover conference fees.
We review applications on a rolling basis, all year round, therefore eligible applicants will get our reply around four weeks of applying. Once approved for a travel grant, the funds will be paid to the applicant’s university and the student may claim expenses using regular university procedures.
For any questions, please reach out to [email protected]
Method of Application
Interested applicants should use the link bellow to apply