A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them.
As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Host Country: Online (University of South Africa)
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Nations
Reward: Full Scholarship
Deadline: July 9, 2020
The University of South Africa will be hosting a Distance Learning award.
This means that you will be studying for a Masters degree with the University of South Africa, but in your home country.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) of one of the following countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini , Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level.
Please note, universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions – please contact the university for more details.
The following courses are available to apply for a QECS;
- MSc in Agriculture at the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
- MSc Flotation, MSc Comminution, MSc Biogas, MSc Bio remediation, MSc Fischer Tropsch, MSc Gasification, MSc Process Synthesis at the College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET)
- MEd in Open Distance Learning at the College of Education (CEDU)
- All two year distance learning Masters courses in the College of Economics and Management Sciences (CEMS)
- All two year distance learning Masters courses College of Human Sciences (CHS)
Please note that the course title included in the application form must match the course listed on the University of South Africa’s website in order to be considered.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language