The Funmi Omo Initiative (FOI) is a passion project and the brainchild of Mrs. Funmi Omo, CEO of African Alliance Insurance and a renowned leadership authority and role model for young women.
This scholarship aims to support 5 young, Nigerian women who have gained admission or are already in the university by supporting their academic dreams with scholarships up to N1,500,000 in total for every academic year.
The FOI scholarship fund will cover their school fees for a session, books and printables and a personal allowance. We believe that giving young Nigerian women a chance at an excellent education will enrich their future and in turn, they can contribute positively to our society.
Table of Contents
Host Country: Nigeria
Eligible Countries: Nigerians (Female)
Deadline: June 22, 2020
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- You have gained admission to the university and can show proof of admission.
- You are between 17 – 28 years.
- You are resident in Nigeria.
- You are willing to commit to one hour of coaching, delivered online, every quarter.
- You show evidence of an excellent result (a minimum of 4.0 GPA) in the previous academic year OR you have recently gained admission and have an admission letter into the university.
- You have a functioning bank account.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The sum of N300,000 per student which covers school fees and a discretionary allowance for upkeep.
- Personal academic and career coaching to give you an edge in your future professional pursuits.
- Networking with like-minded colleagues and mentors, creating a lifelong network.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Write a cover letter stating your personal career goals and ideas for making Nigeria a better place for young women. This is your chance to present your ideas – dream big!
- Attach your results from the previous academic year(s) and your referee information (one academic referee and one parent/guardian).
- Attach your bank account statement for up to one year.