The She Code Africa mentoring program is a 3months cohort-style, intensive program specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with beginners in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
The technical assessment provides us an idea of the learning efforts you have put in towards your learning journey for your choosen track.
The SCA mentoring program is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with girls/women who identify as beginners in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
In order to be eligible to apply for the training, applicants must:
1. Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here: bit.ly/scaslacksignup)
2. Have made learning progress in their specified field
3. Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields
4. Possess a working Laptop
5. Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities
How It works
Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance / rejection mail
Step 3: Upon being accepted, pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on our slack community (you would be added to this )
Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and team mates
Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning map on your field for the next 3 months
Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
– Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
– Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off our preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA.