The University of Alberta is the home to leading experts in many fields including health, artificial intelligence, energy, agriculture, AgTech, quantum, nanotech, clean tech, the environment, natural resources, our past, climate change and smart technology to name a few.
By asking why, our researchers push the boundaries of knowledge and create discoveries and innovations that improve our lives, change our world and help shape the future today.
Awards, scholarships and prizes, which are awarded to outstanding applicants, are funded by a variety of sources including the Government of Canada, Government of Alberta, and the generosity of the university’s many donors. Some awards are exclusive to specific programs.
Table of Contents
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full & Partial Scholarships
- Deadline: July 1, 2021 / November 1, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The University of Alberta has a wide array of awards, scholarships and prizes to assist in funding your graduate studies.
All academic fields and majors are available at the University to study in Bachelors or Postgraduate Degree program. For most of the scholarships you don’t need to apply separately. Applicants automatically be considered after enrolling in any degree program.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Applicants with any nationality are eligible to apply for Alberta Scholarships.
- To apply for Bachelors Degree, you must have High School Certificate.
- For Masters Degree you must hold Undergraduate Degree.
- To get admission in PhD Degree, Masters Degree certificate is required.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
University of Alberta Scholarships 2022 in Canada for International Students has a Multiple Funding Sources like, Canadian Government and Alberta Government and also from other sources. Complete scholarships detail is given below:
- Entrance scholarships:
These Scholarships are available for Bachelors and Graduate degree programs. No need to apply separately for these scholarships. University automatically considered for this scholarship after getting admission.
- International Student Scholarships:
New first year students of undergraduate degree programs are eligible for these scholarships having Student Visa Permit. These scholarships have a value of up to $9,000 which is payable for four years.
- Gold Standard Scholarship:
Top 5% students in academic achievements are eligible for these scholarships having value of up to $6,000.
- Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship:
These scholarships are designed for Ph.D. students to meet their fee requirements having a value of $5,000/Year.
- Masters Degree Entrance Scholarship:
Masters Degree students will receive a stipend of $17,500 while International candidates will get an additional amount of $10,000 cover fee.
- Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES):
Masters and Doctoral Degree Students can get an award of $15,000 to meet their expenses.
List of Available Study Fields:
Alberta University offers more than 200 Bachelors Degree Programs, 500 Postgraduate Degree Programs and others. Detail is given below:
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Medicine & Dentistry
- Social Sciences
- Alberta School of Business
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Native Studies
- Public Health
- Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Check Bachelors Degree Programs (Click Here)
- Check Graduate Degree Programs (Click Here)
Method of Application
- July 1 for September admission (annual)
- November 1 for January admission(annual)
- March 1 for May admission(annual)
- May 1 for July admission(annual)