Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a world-renowned higher education institution and one of the top universities in China. It has established itself as a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized university and ranks 47th worldwide (QS 2021).
The university now has 31
schools, 31 research institutions and 13 affiliated hospitals, offering a wide range of degree
Each year SJTU admits students from nearly 100 countries, and more than 7000 international
students are studying on campus
Its 31 colleges and schools offer more than 100 graduate programs to international students.
The study duration for master’s programs is usually 2-3 years (full-time), and 4 years (full-time) for doctoral programs.
The following are general requirements for application to SJTU International Graduate Programs.
- Non-Chinese citizen
- Good health both physically and mentally.
- Outstanding academic performance and potential.
- Bachelor’s degree for master program applicants.
- Master’s degree for doctoral program applicants.
- Proficiency in Chinese and/or English
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Degree certificates, in scanned files. Applicants who have not graduated by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date.
- Transcripts, in scanned files. Master’s program applicants are required to submit undergraduate transcripts. Doctoral program applicants are required to submit both undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Proof of Language proficiency. （ pls see Language Requirement for SJTU International Graduate Programs）
- Scanned copy of passport.
- Passport-size photo.
- Personal statement and study plan.
- Two letters of academic recommendation from scholars who are associate professors or above, or senior professionals in a related academic field.
Method of Application
- Complete and submit an online application using the link below before the application deadline.
- If you wish to apply for the scholarship at the same time, please complete the application before the scholarship deadline.
- Pay the Application Fee The application fee is RMB 800 (approx. USD 120), non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made in RMB or USD.
- You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.