The 2022 Italian Government Scholarships for International Students has opened applications for interested and qualified candidates willing to pursue a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Italy.
The scholarship comes with a full tuition waiver, €2,700 study grants, and health insurance for the whole period of your study.
Studying in Italy exposes you to an outstanding educational system based on solid notions, scientific methods, and a creative approach. Additionally, there is a wide offer of courses taught in English in a dynamic and pleasant environment.
- Host Country: Italy
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Full Tuition waiver
- €2,700 stipend
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE).
The aim of these scholarships is fostering international cultural cooperation, spreading the Italian language, culture and science knowledge and promoting the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
Scholarships can be awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Italian Government Scholarship, you must:
Be a foreign student not residing in Italy or an Italian citizen living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll in the Italian University/Institute.
Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
Language proficiency: Applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian or English language.
The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Grantees can benefit of the grant in a period of study starting November 1st, 2022 and ending by October 31st 2023.
- The scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. However the Universities, as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption. Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
- For the sole period of the scholarships granted by the Italian Government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident. Air tickets are not granted, except for Chilean citizens.
Method of Application
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY