ABE Initiative Masters Scholarship & Internship Program: The “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the “ABE Initiative”), has provided up to 1,000 youths in Africa with opportunities to study at Japanese universities as well as do internships at Japanese enterprises.
The ABE Initiative aims at fostering leaders with proven ability to contribute towards Africa’s development in collaboration with the Japanese private sector.
JICA is looking for prominent young South African nationals who are or anticipating being involved in industrial development activities in both public and private sectors, and who have strong motivation to strengthen economic ties between South Africa and Japan.
Table of Contents
The Japan International Cooperation Agency is a governmental agency that coordinates Official Development Assistance for the government of Japan. It is chartered with assisting economic and social growth in developing countries, and the promotion of international cooperation
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be citizens of eligible African countries
- Be less than 40 (as of 1 April 2022)
- Have some work experience
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program
- Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 or above
- Minimum average of 65% score in academic transcript Have good understanding of the ABE Initiative’s objectives
- Have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The program provides African youths with opportunities to study at Japanese universities and to work at Japanese enterprises.