Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Overseas Candidate is for overseas students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese university / graduate school. All Rotary International District in Japan will open for 2022 enrollment.
otary Clubs in Japan through the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is offering scholarships for overseas students to undertake undergraduate, masters and doctoral studies at Japanese university or graduate school.
The Foundation awards scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan. The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships awarded.
Table of Contents
- Host Country: Japan
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: 100,000 – 140,000 yen per month
- Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation provides privately sponsored scholarships to foreign students pursuing academic studies and/or research in Japan. The scholarship funds come from contributions made by all the Rotarians in Japan.
The scholarship supports excellent students from other countries who are studying or doing research at Japanese institutions of higher learning and who will go on to play active roles in both their own countries and international society. The Yoneyama Scholarship program was inaugurated to commemorate Mr. Umekichi Yoneyama, a businessman
The program’s eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Have already chosen the university or graduate school s/he will apply for
- Be in the process of applying for admission
- Be able to submit his/her letter of acceptance (an admission approval or a pre-arrival admission approval) under the schedule below.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Supplemental for Airfare?Actual expenses to arrive to Japan up to 250,000 yen is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit all relevant receipts. Only the economy class fee is covered.
Successful applicants must arrive in Japan prior to the designated month of admission. If not entered Japan by the month scholarship commences, the eligibility will automatically be lost.
- Undergraduates: 100,000 yen per month
- Masters students: 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students: 140,000 yen per month
Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided upon arrival in Japan.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Method of Application
Interview date, Process and Venue for Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
Notification of selection results are made by email at the following times:
- Mid of February 2022: Tentative selection result
- End of March 2022: Eligible notice
If the applicant is rejected for admission to the issuing university / graduate school, s/he will lose eligibility for the scholarship at that point.