Tokyo Institute of Technology International Graduate Program (A) offers a choice of six English-language based curricular programs related to the 15 departments of Tokyo Tech and enables students to obtain a master’s or doctoral degree. There are two types of programs: Integrated Doctoral Education Program and Master’s Program.
Some curricular programs are set up as an Integrated Doctoral Education Program, designed to combine the Master’s Program and Doctoral Program so that graduate students can obtain both degrees within three to five years.
There is no Japanese language requirement for this program as lectures and seminars are held in English. However, students are given opportunities to attend Japanese language classes on a regular basis in order to better adapt to daily life in Japan.
A limited number of students with outstanding academic records are eligible to apply for a scholarship from Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (“MEXT”) with a recommendation from Tokyo Tech.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have applied for a Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Islamic Finance at University of Dundee.
- Have firmly accepted their offer of entry for the Postgraduate MSc Islamic Finance programe, starting in September 2020 or January 2021. This can be a conditional or unconditional offer.
- Have International, Home/EU or RUK fee status, as verified by the University of Dundee.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered as a priority group, however we may invite additional students to apply.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarship 2022 in Japan is a Full Free Scholarship that will provided all the necessary expenses to selected students to complete their degrees from Japan. The scholarship is offered by Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology “MEXT”. Detail is given below:
- Free Application, Admission, or Tuition Fees.
- Round-Trip Airfare to Japan.
- Monthly Stipend:
- Masters Degree: JPY 147,000 / Month
- Doctoral Degree: JPY 148,000 / Mpnth
Candidates can select study area from given below academic fields and majors that is offered by Japanese Government Scholarship:
School of Science
- Earth and Planetary Sciences*
School of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information and Communications Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Economics
School of Materials and Chemical Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Chemical Science and Engineering
School of Computing
- Mathematical and Computing Science
- Computer Science
School of Life Science and Technology
- Life Science and Technology
School of Environment and Society
- Architecture and Building Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Transdisciplinary Science and Engineering
- Social and Human Sciences*
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates should use the link below to apply.
Prepare application documents to be submitted by applicant
- 1.ID Photo
- 2.Consent email/letter from Tokyo Tech Faculty Member
- 3.Field of Study and Study Program (in designated format)
- 4.Summary of thesis
- 5.English Proficiency Score Report
- 6.A copy of your passport or residence card
- 7.Verification of application fee payment
Application for individual assessment of admission eligibility (in designated format)
Application for scholarship (in MEXT format）