The 2022 Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program has opened applications for international students willing, qualified and interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree in Korean universities.
The scholarship offers a fully funded award to selected candidates in terms of full tuition fees, accommodation, meals and travel expenses.
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) was established as a governmental agency dedicated to providing grant aid programs of the Korean government in April 1991. KOICA endeavors to combat poverty and support the sustainable socioeconomic growth of partner countries.
- Host Country: Korea
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Travel Costs | Meals
Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is offering scholarship program for students from developing countries to undertake full-time postgraduate study at participating Korean universities.
The fields of study are targeted to address agreed development needs of partner countries, such as International Development, Women and Development, Public Policy, Fishery Science, Agriculture and Rural Development, etc., in line with Korea’s bilateral aid program.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program, you must:
- (Preferably) Be under age 40 as of February 1, 2022.
- Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country
- Be a government official, an employee in the public sector, or a researcher in a state institute working in his/her home country with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Be nominated by his or her government.
- Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted entirely in English and to write academic reports and a thesis in English.
- Have a positive attitude and a strong will to get adjusted to a multicultural environment and to understand the hosting country’s culture.
- Have good moral characteristics to endure student life on campus.
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally, to undergo the program.
- Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participating in this program.
- Having tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.
- Have not previously received a scholarship or participated in a scholarship program, including a KOICA Scholarship Program, from the Korean government.
In addition to the above general eligibility criteria, applicants must also meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by each course. (Please refer to the “Program Information” of each program.
For example, only women can apply for the course of “Capacity Development of Women Leadership” at Ewha Womans University).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Air travel fare: Economy class, round-trip airfare via the most direct route to and from Korea
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation (mainly the dormitory of a training institute)Living allowance
- Textbooks and materials
- Study visits, field trips, etc. during the program
- A medical check up after entry into the program
- Overseas traveler’s health insurance: Expenses for medical treatments and hospital care due to diseases or accidents within the scope and limit of insurance coverage.
Method of Application
For application guidelines and available course list, please refer to the program information of each course that is available to access via KOICA.
Click the APPLY button below to apply.