University of London alumnus József Váradi has donated over £1 million to the University, to provide scholarships to support up to 100 distance and flexible learning students over the next ten years.
József completed an LLM with the University via distance learning in 2014, specializing in International Business Law. He is the CEO and co-founder of Wizz Air.
The Váradi Scholarships will continue the University of London’s founding mission of opening access to education and connecting worlds.
Thanks to the generosity of alumni like József, the University can break down barriers to education and provide support to some of our most deserving students, allowing them to improve their lives and the lives of others in their communities.
The Váradi scholarships will be available to all new students, from anywhere in the world, studying any of our programmes.
The Váradi scholarships cover all University of London tuition fees. The scholarships do not cover any fees or costs (such as computers and additional study materials or Teaching Centre fees) not directly payable to the University of London.
Host Country:UK London
Category: Bachelors & Masters
Eligible Countries: Permanent resident in Central and Eastern Europe. Including: Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia and Ukraine.
Reward: Full Scholarship
Deadline: 17 July 2020
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
- To be eligible for the Váradi Scholarship, you will need to demonstrate within the application that without the scholarship you would not be able to undertake the programme.
- The Váradi Scholarshipis available for the University of London distance learning programmes only and the course undertaken must be a full degree.
- You will not be considered for the Váradi Scholarshipuntil you have received an offer for a qualifying University of London distance learning programme.
- You cannot be considered for the Váradi Scholarshipif you are a currently registered student.
- The Váradi Scholarship will be applied against any fees payable to the University of London including (but not limited to) application fees, registration fees and examination entry fees. It does not cover any fees not payable to the University of London, such as teaching centre fees andstudy materials. These examples are non-exhaustive of the fees included within and excluded from the Váradi Scholarship, and other fees not listed here may be included and excluded from the scholarship.
- The Váradi Scholarship may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships.
- The Váradi Scholarship may be reviewed on an annual basis and cannot be transferred to another individual.
- Students awarded a Váradi Scholarship but who subsequently withdraw from their course of studies will no longer be eligible for the Váradi Scholarship.
- Recipients of the Váradi Scholarship may take a break in their studies but must undertake a minimum of two examinations every two years for the programme on which they are registered. Failure to do so may result in the Váradi Scholarship being withdrawn.
- The Váradi Scholarship cannot be retroactively appliedto studies in previous academic years.
- The VáradiScholarshipwill be valid for the maximum period of registration for your programme.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the Váradi Scholarship if you are found to have omitted key information or have provided untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or fraudulent information on your application form or in any additional information provided to the University and used in the determination of the award of your Váradi Scholarship.
- You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the University of London. If you do not abide by these rules and regulations, or if you do not meet the requirements (including the academic requirements) to continue or complete the distance learning course, the University reserves the right to withdraw the Váradi Scholarshipwith immediate effect.
- You undertake to use your best efforts to fulfil the academic requirements of the distance learning course on which you are registered.
- As part of the Váradi Scholarshipaward, the University may ask you to participate in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences of the Váradi Scholarship. You are under no obligation to undertake any of these activities. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website. If you participate in such activities and/or events, you agree for the University to use any material resulting from such activities and/or events for the purposes of publicity material and/or for the education of other students, whether electronically or in print. You furthermore release and discharge the University and its agents, representatives and assignees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the publicity material, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy and defamation. Additionally, you agree that the copyright of any publicity material shall be wholly vested in the University and you hereby assign to the University any and all rights in the publicity material.
- Each year you will be asked to provide a report outlining the impact of your study and research – this is a requirement of being a scholarship recipient. This report will be shared with the University of London’s Development Office who will share the report (having removed all relevant contact details) with the Donor of the Váradi scholarship. Failure to provide the report result in the withdrawing of your scholarship.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are giving the University the right to hold and process your personal data, including some sensitive personal data. The University will process this personal data (including any personal data provided as part of participation in a marketing related activity and/or event under clause 16) in accordance with the UK Data Protection legislation and the University’s Data Protection Policy. The University will only share data with third parties in accordance with its Data Protection Policy and the University will remain the data controller of the data. The Data Protection Policy is applicable from the time of accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- The University of London and any relevant Member Institutions are separate legal entities. In accepting the Váradi Scholarship you agree to the sharing of your personal data between the University and a Member Institution (where relevant) for the purposes of the management of your Váradi Scholarship.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If a clause or any part of a clause is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University in relation to the Váradi Scholarship. All previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and the University relating to the VáradiScholarship, whether written or oral, shall have no legal effect unless expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the University fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the University does not enforce its rights against you, or if the University delays in doing so, that will not mean that the University has waived its rights against you and that will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If the University waives a default by you of the Váradi Scholarship, the University will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that it will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These are the Terms and Conditions between you and the University. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any matters arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions, are governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between September 2020 and September 2021 for the September set and;
- January 2021 to January 2022 for the January set.
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £8,000 which will be paid over 12 months.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered a priority group, however the University may extend the invite to apply to further applicants.
The scholarships will be available to all new students, from anywhere in the world, studying any of our programmes. The University of London would particularly welcome applications from the following:
1: Any student who is a permanent resident in Central and Eastern Europe. Including: Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia and Ukraine.
2: Any student studying one of the following programmes:
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Psychology
- BSc Business Administration
- Global MBA
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics
You are encouraged to apply for a scholarship at the same time as submitting your programme application. Please note that your eligibility will need to be confirmed before your scholarship application is considered.
You will need to demonstrate within the application that without the scholarship you would not be able to undertake the programme.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from any students who have already registered.
Method of Application
- Download and complete the scholarship application form.
- Submit an application for your chosen degree via its course page.
- Please ensure you upload your completed scholarship application form under the ‘Scholarship Form’ section.
- Pay the appropriate online application fee for your programme.
- You must submit a fully completed course application, as without this we cannot consider a scholarship application.
If you have applied for a programme previously but did not register and wish to be considered for this scholarship, please submit a completed scholarship application form here as you may not need to reapply for your course.
Receive Scholarships Alerts and Reminders on: WhatsApp: +2348146251591 & Facebook: Scholarship Region