The 2022 Malaysia International Scholarships is now open for interested and qualified applicants willing to study in Malaysian universities.
The scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity covering tuition fees and an annual living allowance of $4,036 for successful candidates.
International students also get the chance to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia.
This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
Eligible candidates for the Malaysia International Scholarships are;
- Graduates from the recipient countries of MIS 2022 who:
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
- who are not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possess good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
i. Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
ii. Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
iii. Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month ($4,036 annually).
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Applicants will have to provide all the necessary information and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of the Passport as evidence of nationality (with a minimum validity of 6 months);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s):
- Transcripts of; undergraduate studies (additional of Master’s degree transcript for PhD applicants)
- Reflect the record of all the courses taken throughout the previous study programme(s)
- Must be submitted together with a certified official document issued by the applicant’s
alma mater describing the institution’s grading system if the applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks, or score percentile.
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
Method of Application
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY