The New York Academy of Sciences invites young women ages 13-17 around the world to join 1000 Girls 1000 Futures to receive mentorship from female STEM experts, gain access to college readiness and leadership coursework, and network with other girls passionate about STEM!
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
1000 Girls 1000 Futures empowers young women to learn independently and work collaboratively on Launchpad, the Academy’s unique online learning platform. On Launchpad, students complete the coursework at their own pace and apply their skills to work on different projects with their peers. Mentors are available to guide students throughout the program, from navigating the college application process to setting career goals.
Table of Contents
- Host Country: United States of America
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Secondary School Scholarships | Undergraduate Scholarships | Training
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: July 31, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Women are changing the world of STEM for the better, which is why the Academy is looking for passionate girls like you to learn from women in STEM. Even if you don’t know what your next steps are, our mentor network can help you realize your potentials and achieve your goals.
Hear about Noor’s experience in 1000 Girls 1000 Futures and how mentoring helped shape her future:
1000 Girls 1000 Futures participants are enthusiastic learners with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Age: 13–17 years old.
- Location: Anywhere in the world.
- Language: All program content and communication on the platform is in English, and a strong level of English proficiency is required. Students’ English proficiency will be assessed during the application process.
- Time Commitment: Students will complete the coursework at their own pace and set their schedule to meet with the mentors during the program year from September to June.
- Cost: None. 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is completely free for participating students.
Qualification for Mentors
Qualified mentors for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures are:
- Self-identified women who are either pursuing a Ph.D. in a STEM-related field OR currently working in a STEM-related field
- Able to access at least one communication device with internet capabilities
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- Able to commit to 3-5 hours of program training and participation in the program monthly from September to June
- Passionate about engaging and inspiring the next generation of young women around the world
You will be notified of the admission decision by mid-September.
To accept the admission offer, you will need to submit a signed Parental Consent Form within a week of notification. Once all the information is verified, an email invitation will be sent to you to join Launchpad.
Method of Application
Thank you for your interest in The New York Academy of Sciences’ virtual mentoring opportunities!
- We are now accepting applications for The Junior Academy and the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures program.
- This application is open to students ages 13-17.
Applications will open on April 12, 2021, and are due by July 31st, 2021 at 11:59 pm UTC. Admission decision notifications will be sent between September 1st and 15th, 2021.