In the United States (US) Universities, the International Scholarship for Women (ISW) will be granted to the women for full-time research or study. At recognized Canadian or U.S. institutes, both graduates, as well as postgraduate educations, are supported under this scholarship sponsored by SheBegan Women’s Magazine. Since 1998, the international Scholarship for Women (ISW) has been existing. The international scholarship for women (ISW) program offers sponsorship for women studying full-time graduate, undergraduate, or postdoctoral programs in the U.S.A. The full education funding grants are offered to the women of all countries other than Iran, to study in U.S. Universities and exemption for the women, those are ISW institution members.
First preference will be given to the women that prove prior dedication to the charitable or volunteering work for empowering women in their specific fields and also to the women through professional, community, or civic work.
- Host Country: US & Canada
- Category: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD & Post-Doctoral
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: 28 December 2020 (1st Round), 30 April 2021 (2nd Round).
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Begin the application process by completing the international scholarship for women (ISW) application form available at the end of this notice. Please read this guide carefully before you begin downloading the application form, filling it, and submission.
Before you apply for ISW funding, you need the list of following documents:
- Scholarship for women application form 2021-2022 intake
- Conditional admission letter from the U.S. University in medical, engineering or science program
- Evidence of candidate’s English reading, writing, and speaking proficiency. A letter from a previous University stating that the previous degree was taught in the English language is acceptable. Candidates submitting IELTS with at least 6 bands don’t need an English proficiency letter from University.
- Detailed Resume enlisting all the extra-curricular activates and volunteer participation by the candidate
- Two recommendation letters from professors of last attended an educational institute
- Research proposal for Doctoral degree program applicants and study plan for master degree course applicants is also mandatory
- Motivation letter that states why you wish to study in the U.S. and how ISW Scholarship can help you
- Candidates should clear the eligibility test presented in the application document to be screened by the assessment team. The candidate will be qualified for the ISW grant only if all the selection in the application form test segment is in ‘Yes’.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Health insurance in sponsorship with Sunlife insurance company
- Expense on Return flight: US$1600 (Once per anum)
- Undergraduate degree sponsorship: US$18,000
- Master’s/first professional degree sponsorship: US$28,000
- Doctoral degree sponsorship: US$26,000
- Postdoctoral degree sponsorship: US$32,000
- Books & Literature expense: US$1000 per year
- Monthly stipend of US$1200 for an undergraduate student, US$1600 for Master student, US$1800 for Doctoral Student and flexible package for post-doctorate student
International Scholarship for women sponsorship is NOT offered for the following purposes:
- Academic Research Paper Publication costs
- Scholarships-in-aid for under a complete academic year or traveling scholarships
- Research assistants expenditure
- Tuition for dependent’s education
- Purchase of equipment in the laboratory or experimentation
- Traveling to or from a fellow’s home nation above once a year
- Institutional expenses (overheads)
- Previous overheads, arrears, or repayment of loans
- Indirect costs of travel or conference expense
- Institutional (overhead) expenses
Application Guidelines for International Scholarship for Women (ISW)
- Study & abide by all guidelines.
A lot of applications are ineligible every year since candidates ignore instructions or ignore a crucial phase in guidelines.
- Check all the work carefully.
Applications that are unclear or include several errors poorly reflects the applicant’s capacity to submit a convincing application, these applications end up as rejected. Make sure that all the sentences are clear, complete, & grammatically right.
- Have somebody else go through the whole application.
An unbiased reader will often spot areas that require additional clarification & might discover mistakes the candidate has ignored.
- Be brief.
Assessors should go through loads of applications. Therefore the applications that are perfect & concise have high chances of being selected for the next stage of evaluation.
International Scholarship for Women (ISW) is not just offered to former receivers of any (ISW) affiliated sponsorship but also to the new talent. Officers and Members of the Board of Managers of ISW are not entitled to request for Shebegan Magazine or ISW sponsored fellowships & grants. Volunteers with authority in decision-making in ISW or Shebegan Magazine or ISW employees are also not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful could reapply.
ISW Scholarship Applicants should meet the following norms to become entitled to the International Fellowship:
- Except for Iran ISW sponsorship is available for the women from any other country.
- Age requirement for degree programs depends on the University requisites.
- Hold an educational grade (received abroad or in the U.S.) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. for enrollment application on master’s program, hold a degree equivalent to a master degree in the U.S. to apply for a doctoral grade program, or hold a valid doctoral degree to apply for a post-doctorate position.
- Committed to dedicate herself to the intended educational plan, if selected. A commitment letter needs to be signed by the candidate upon receiving the ISW Scholarship.
- Plan to go back to her home nation to take up a professional occupation.
- Be competent in English. Unless the candidate can confirm that her resident lingo is English (statement required in writing), that she obtained her undergraduate degree or secondary diploma that was taught in English language (transcript needed), or that she needs to submit a letter that provides evidence of her work as a full-time researcher enrolled in English taught program (transcript needed – English Proficiency Certificate needed), IELTS, or English language proficiency evidence is mandatory.
- By April 15, 2020, the candidate must have received a conditional admission letter from a U.S. University.
- Master’s professional-grade fellowships are meant for professional or master’s degree-level curriculums, for example, MS, L.L.M., J.D., Arch. Or M.F.A., or medical degrees, for instance, D.D.S., M.D., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are meant for Ph.D. degrees, for instance, Ed.D or Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates should present evidence of their doctorate degrees; holding a doctorate graded as a research degree (for example, M, D.B.A. Ed.D., Ph.D.,) or by April 15. 2020 an M.F.A.; & specify University and laboratory name where the candidate will carry out their research study.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a full-time degree program. ISW does not offer sponsorship for a part-time course or research or study.
- ISW does not provide sponsorship for distance-learning programs, language courses, exchange program courses and short duration courses.
Method of Application
ere is an Online Application Form to apply for ISW International Scholarships 2021 in United States for Students around the world. Application Form link and Official Advertisement link is given below for more details about the scholarship.