The University of Maine offers a limited number of International Presidential Scholarships in recognition of outstanding academic performance valued at US$15,000 per academic year.
The University of Maine advances learning and discovery through excellence and innovation in undergraduate and graduate academic programs while addressing the complex challenges and opportunities of the 21st century through research-based knowledge.
Opportunity for all members of the University of Maine community is a cornerstone of our mission. The university welcomes students, research partners and collaborators into an atmosphere that honors the heritage and diversity of our state and nation.
Table of Contents
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- International first-year and transfer undergraduate students are eligible to be considered for this award.
- Students receiving the Canadian resident tuition rate are not eligible for this award.
- Sponsored students are not eligible for this award.
- The University of Maine International Presidential Scholarship is awarded to the top tier of international applications each year.
- Female applicants and applicants from countries underrepresented in the University of Maine international student population are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Awards are typically made along with an offer of admission to the University of Maine.
Duration of Scholarship: maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 6 semesters (3 academic years) for a transfer student.
Method of Application
International Presidential Scholarships: Applicants are considered for this scholarship when their application for admission is reviewed. No additional application is required. Applicants do not need to submit SAT and ACT scores to be considered for this award.